We use the same parameters to trade all markets.
Sections in this report
1)_Gold contracts that can be traded automatically in this ATA.
2) 2000-2021 performance summary
3) Performance and data spreadsheets
4) Trading rules
5) Verifying performance
6) How to monitor trades forward,
Charts Cash Market and August Delivery
Current Position – 16 June 2021 – Short $1855.80
7) Trading these parameters, 15 minute to monthly
8) Trading the same parameters on Indices & currencies.
1) Gold contracts that can be traded
2) Performance trading one, 100 ounce contract, no compounding and withdrawing all profits annually.
January 2000 through May 2021 performance
3) The spreadsheets linked below provide 2000-2021 daily and monthly performance, to review open and enable editing.
|Spreadsheet||Margin||Contract Specifications, Quotes and Data|
|100 Ounce||$9,000||100 Ounce Gold Contract|
|50 Ounce||$4,500||50 Ounce Mini Gold Contract|
|10 Ounce||$900||10 Ounce Micro Gold Contract|
4) Linked in column K are monthly charts from 2000-2021, trading parameters preset.
5) This strategy has only two rules
5.1) If the EMA 9 shown by the red line is above the EMA18 in blue go long
5.2) If the EMA 9 shown by the red line is below EMA 18 in blue trade short
The chart below is linked here and on the spreadsheet in cell K-36.
6) Verifying performance
Using the charts linked in column K apply the trading rules defied in 5 above and you’ll be able to verify all trades in column L, short positions are represented in red by a -1, long positions by 1 in green.
Daily net profit or loss shows in column M.
Daily net cumulative profit or loss shows in column N.
7) To monitor any EMA forward you can use or daily performance report linked here or set up with Barchart free of charge with performance updated every 15 minutes.
8) The same EMAs will work in any market that moves, linked below is the performance and data spreadsheets trading these same EMAs in indices, metals and currencies.
10) The tricks to being successful trading EMAs,
- Proper capitalization (to weather the inevitable drawdowns)
- Only invest true risk capital (to keep the stress level low)
- Unflinching discipline or set it up as an ATA were all trades are automatic
Linked here are some of the more popular EMA ATA allocations.
Linked here are instructions on how to create you’re own EMA ATA allocation.
11) More about Automated Trading Accounts (ATAs)
11.02) What An Automated Trading Account (ATA) Is – How They Work
11.03) ATA Fee Structure
11.04) Defining Overall Risk For Your ATA Account
11.05) How Balances Are Guaranteed Plus or Minus Trading Activity
11.06) How To Open An Account